Updated 27 August 2020
Your co-operation in adhering to the undernoted is requested. These rules are dictated by our Park Operators Licence, Insurance and Legal considerations and will ensure the safety and comfort of Park users.
Customers and visitors using the Park, its facilities and accommodation, are bound by the said Rules.
The following terms supersede all previous documentation. Any breach in the following may result in termination of park agreement, resulting in notice to vacate the park.
- Liability: The proprietors will not accept liability for the person or property of anyone using the Park. The proprietors will not accept responsibility for any person or property during adverse weather conditions (snow, ice, etc.) Whilst every effort will be made to give adequate supervision on the park, especially when the caravans are unoccupied or under Winter Storage, the Park Owner will not be liable for theft or damage unless it is caused by Pettycur Bay/Kinghorn Harbour/Leven Beach.
- Licence Conditions/Residency: It is a condition of the Park Operators Licence that under no circumstances can the pitch number of a Holiday Caravan on Pettycur Bay/Kinghorn Harbour or Leven Beach be used as a customer’s permanent address, nor can monetary claim be made from it e.g. D.S.S., Housing Benefit, Council Tax, or applications for rented Local Authority accommodation etc
- Postage and Mail: Private Mail may be received at the Park using the caravan pitch and Pettycur Bay/Kinghorn Harbour and Leven Beach address, and is available for pick up during office hours, however all mail marked from government agencies, local authorities etc. will be returned to the originator. Any mail of this type is required to be sent to your permanent address as listed in your Park Agreement.
- Relatives or Friends are allowed to use Owners Holiday Homes, but they are required to register at the Park Reception on arrival and must be made aware of these Park Rules. All third parties using the caravan during the closed / Winter Season are required to park their vehicles in the lower car parks, no vehicular access is permitted other than the owner listed in the Park Agreement. The Park owner shall be held liable for the actions of all third parties using the park in relation to their caravan and shall ensure they adhere to all park protocols and rules.
- Sub Letting is not permitted either in the privately owned Holiday Homes, Hire Caravans or in the Touring Area. The caravan is not for hire or reward, and it is understood that the caravan is to be used solely as a Holiday Home.
- Ownership Transfer: Caravan Owners with management’s permission to embark on a transfer of ownership, are required to complete the transaction in the presence of Park Management at the Office. Liabilities by Caravan Owner and Third Party are to be agreed by all parties. The third party shall be made aware of all warranties, terms, commissions, charges and fees, due to the Park along with signing of park documentation. Park Agreement etc.
- Remove Caravan: In the event of the Caravan Owner removing their caravan from the park at any time, the Caravan Owner will be responsible for the expenses of removing the same, and will require taking out suitable insurance against damage thereby, and these must be paid prior to work being carried out. All Accounts are required to be settled prior to the agreed leaving date.
- Security: Caravan Owners are responsible for all security matters relating to the caravan. We suggest that when the caravan is unused that all valuables are removed, or at least put out of sight. We also suggest leaving the curtains open showing no valuables in view.
- Accounts are due three weeks from date of Invoice/Letter. Any accounts in default must be settled in full by the end of the summer season. Surcharges and/or Interest will be added at 3% per month. In the event of accounts still not settled by the end of the Winter Season the caravan will be offered for sale to independent dealers with the outstanding accounts deducted from the proceeds of the sale. Any balance left over will be made payable to the customer, or any shortfall will be due with immediate effect.
- Caravan Insurance: Your caravan is required to be adequately insured on a new for old basis only, we would advise that the contents are also insured. Please contact our office if you would like a new for old quotation.
- Services: Park Electric, Gas and Water Pipes/Cables/Equipment/Boxes must not be tampered with in any circumstances. This is extremely dangerous and could have serious consequences. Any offender would have to leave the Park immediately.
- Bulk Gas and Gas Cylinders: Fire and safety regulations stipulate only two cylinders per caravan, these should be placed upright on hard standing. No flammable items or materials should be stored underneath a caravan, no gas bottles permitted inside a caravan, and no heaters inside a caravan that require a gas bottle within. All vents in caravan must not be blocked.
Transportation of gas cylinders and other hazardous materials on the park is only permitted on production to reception of a valid insurance certificate confirming that their insurance covers the transportation of hazardous materials and includes third party liability. Only one cylinder at any time is permitted in a vehicle on the Park and must be secured upright with the boot closed.
There must be no smoking or naked lights in the gas compound vicinity. All gas appliances must be serviced regularly, for those on Gas bottles and Bulk gas, Fire and Safety Regulations stipulate that the caravan Owner is legally bound to have a Safety Check carried out every year, their gas appliances tested and hold a valid certificate This must be done by a Gas Safe registered engineer. This service can be arranged through Reception.
- Repairs to Caravans: Repairs can be carried out by Park Staff on a repayment basis, requests for estimates for such can be obtained through contacting reception. Owners are at liberty to have repairs carried out by private contractors who must firstly report to main reception to provide copies of liability insurance, method statements and risk assessment information, prior to work being carried out.
- Verandas must be well maintained at all times, and coated only with Dulux Shirehorse, Opaque paint (available from hardware shops and the Park shop). No modifications of any sort are to be made, and any infringements will be removed and the costs passed on. Mesh must be plastic coated and extended the full length and height of the veranda, authorisation for this must be obtained from Pettycur Bay/Kinghorn Harbour/Leven Beach. Only 2 flower pots, a table and 4 chairs are permitted on the Veranda.
- Encroachments: No building work whatsoever outside the caravan is permitted, including fixed rotary clothes dryers. Any unauthorised work will be dismantled and a charge made for reinstatement.
- T.V. Aerials and Satellite Dishes are not permitted externally. In the event of bad reception, please ask at the Office for advice as Aerials and Satellite dishes may be permitted by special permission whereby, they must be mounted within the footprint on the veranda and mounted no higher than the veranda railing.
- Motor Vehicles using the Park must observe the speed limit of 5 mph whilst most caravans have parking space for one vehicle, no parking spaces are guaranteed. Any additional vehicles should be parked in the Car Parks. Cyclists are particularly requested to keep journeys through the Park to a minimum. Unlicensed and learner drivers must not drive on the Park. There is a 2 mph limit over all anti-speeding ramps and all normal highway rules apply. Parking or stopping must be in the Parking spaces provided. Extra care must be taken in busy Pedestrian Areas. Please be aware of children at all times throughout the Park.
- Car Repairs other than those of an emergency are not to be carried out in caravan/tourer/tent pitches or Car Parks. Any vehicle causing an obstruction may be removed with all such charges due by Vehicle Owner.
- Park Access: Access to the Park during the main season March to October is restricted only by weather and park conditions. During November-March, access to the park is restricted to a mere check during daylight hours and reporting to the office prior to and after your visit to the caravan. Owners who have opted to stay during the winter are able to use their caravan, however vehicular access to the park is restricted in the form of a road barrier, there must only be one car per pitch. Please see Winter Stay Conditions sheet for additional requirements and conditions, available at the beginning of each winter period.
- Parking or Stopping must be in the parking spaces provided. Extra care must be taken in busy Pedestrian areas. Please be aware of children at all times throughout the Park.
- Water Drain Down: It is the duty and responsibility of every Owner to ensure that the water is drained down and turned off at the tap under the caravan when closing up the caravan at the end of the Season. If required our Plumbing service is available for this at a nominal charge. However, if the Owner intends to do this themselves, a member of our Staff will be available to show the Owner the correct procedure for doing so, free of charge. Owners using their caravans throughout the winter period should drain down and turn off the Water tap if they intend to leave the caravan unattended. Please contact the office for free instructions at this very vulnerable time.
- Pets are allowed on the Park, but not in tents. We have designated a few hire caravans which have been specially adapted for pets. Pets must be kept under control always and in the case of dogs, on a lead at all times on the Park. All fouling within the park should be cleaned in an appropriate manner. Anyone persistently abusing this will be asked to take their pet off the Park.
- Bankings should be treated with respect as they are mainly sandy and easily dislodged. Considerable effort has been made to encourage growth of vegetation and children especially, should be restrained from climbing and sliding on them. Steps have been set into the banks in various places and should be used to transverse levels
- Games must be confined to the play park area. Ball games are not permitted in areas adjacent to caravans. Air pistols, rifles and catapults are not permitted in any area of the Site.
- Standard House Rubbish must be deposited inside the bins in the Bin Bays for your area, and the lids firmly replaced. For disposal of your larger household items such as fridges, freezers, you must take these to the nearest Council recycling centre.
- Laundry facilities are provided in the main Complex building. Washing lines or rotary clothes dryers are not permitted.
- Audio Instruments: Not to be used to the annoyance of other Park users. They should not be audible to other Park users between 23:00 and 08:00.
- Adverse Weather: In the event of adverse weather, do not use your caravan, nor bring your vehicle onto the Park, and in the case of Snow or Ice the Park is not to be used under any circumstances. Should a caravan owner and their dependants decide to use the Park against our advice during adverse weather conditions, then it is at their own risk and liability.
- Weather: Snow and Ice. All caravan owners and dependants/visitors are responsible for clearing all snow and ice to and from their caravans.
- Park Closure by local, national government agencies or emergency services. All caravan owners and dependants/visitors are responsible for vacating the park and all costs therein. Additional insurance cover is advised and should include cover for any significant closed period for park fees loss.
- Dish Washing is permitted only in the designated area at the Touring Area Toilet block.
- Chemical toilets & Waste Water must be emptied in the Elsan Disposal points at the Touring toilet block.